Key Difference: These two words are interlinked with biological science, moreover, with our human body, which is nothing but Blood and Hemoglobin. Blood is the fluid connective tissue, whereas hemoglobin is the protein in the red blood cells. Blood contains Red Blood Cells, White Blood Cells, Platelets, Plasma, etc., whereas hemoglobin transports Oxygen and carbon dioxide throughout the body. The blood is a fluid present in red color whereas hemoglobin occurs in brownish red color. You can learn the significant differences between blood and hemoglobin in this article.
Good Examples of the words “Blood and Hemoglobin” are,
1. The genes in our body determine the blood group.
2. Hemoglobin level differs by age, gender, and different areas.
Blood is the main component of our human body.
Blood is the liquid and solid portion of the body, which is the connective tissue that helps regulate more crucial functions, and it depends on Red blood cells, which decide the colour of the Blood. It depends on the creatures. There are four types of Blood present, A, AB, B, and O. Blood determines by the presence and absence of antigens in Red blood cells, and it helps in transporting oxygen, and they contain a protein called hemoglobin, whereas White blood cells work and prevent us from infection caused by bacteria, algae, etc.,
The Best Example of Blood is, “Blood plays an essential role in our body.”
How do We Spell the Word Blood?
The vocal representation of the word Blood is “bluhd.” Below, you can know by hearing the audio of the word Blood.
Syllabification refers to letters that hold together to make a single sound. So, for example, we will see the syllable of the word “Blood” is one “BLOOD.”
How do We Pronounce “Blood”?
Using “Blood” in sentences:
- The human body is made up of blood cells.
- There are wide varieties of blood types.
- Red blood cells and White blood cells are the primary blood cells in our body.
- Henry is the blood relation to smith.
- I have high blood pressure, which leads to diseases.
Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells.
Hemoglobin is a protein molecule responsible for transporting oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues and carrying carbon dioxide back to the lungs to exhale. Decreased hemoglobin levels in our body will lead to medical conditions such as anemia and hemoglobinopathies. It comprises four protein subunits responsible for binding to oxygen molecules. The Best example of the word “Hemoglobin levels can be measured in the blood test.”
How do We Spell the Word Hemoglobin?
Spell / Pronunciation in which a word or particular language is spoken among people. The Oral representation of Hemoglobin is “hee·muh·glow·bn.” It would help if you practiced it slowly for the outcome of a perfect spell.
In Latin, the word hemoglobin is pronounced as “haemo-globin.” Likewise, there are many differences in the pronunciation of the word hemoglobin in multiple languages. Below, you can know by hearing the audio of the word hemoglobin.
Syllabification is where we split the words into individual vowel sounds. A syllable should have at least one vowel in the word. We are going to see the syllable of the word hemoglobin.
- Wondering if it has four syllables in it.
- It can be split as “HE-MO-GLO-BIN.”
How do We Pronounce “Hemoglobin”?
Using “Hemoglobin” in sentences:
- Hemoglobin levels in males should be between 13.5 and 17.5 grams per deciliter (g/dL) of blood.
- Everyone should check the hemoglobin level of the blood often.
- Smith suddenly died due to a very low hemoglobin level in his blood.
- Hemoglobin levels in females should be between 12.0 and 15.5 grams per deciliter (g/dL) of blood.
- Whether hemoglobin tests should be taken to analyze the medical conditions?
Similarities between Blood and Hemoglobin
The title reveals the difference between Blood and Hemoglobin. But, like, you want to know also similar things about the above two words. So come, let’s see below.
- Blood and Hemoglobin are more related to each other and are involved in carrying oxygen throughout the body. Both maintain the pH level and help to buffer the hydrogen ions, which helps to prevent acidosis.
- Blood and Hemoglobin play a vital role in building overall good health and functioning of the body, which involves a wide range of physiological processes.
Compare: BLOOD & HEMOGLOBIN
|Blood is made up of liquid
and solids, connective tissue
circulates throughout the body.
|Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells that is responsible for carrying oxygen from the lungs to the body tissues.
|Ancestor, Linear, Gore, Origin, Heritage, Family, Parentage, Descent, Genealogy.
|Haemoglobin, Hb, Red blood cell protein, Oxyhemoglobin, Reduced hemoglobin, Methemoglobin, and Carboxyhemoglobin
|It is a vital liquid and performs many crucial functions.
It regulates pH and water balance.
Blood helps in transporting enzymes throughout the body.
|It carries oxygen from the lungs to the blood tissues and also serves the carbon dioxide transport.
It also helps to regulate the pH of the blood by acting as a buffer.
Hemoglobin has the ability to bind and transport hydrogen ions.
|Red color due to the presence
of red blood cells.
|When hemoglobin carries oxygen, it has characteristics of bright red color, whereas hemoglobin does not carry oxygen the color will be darkish, bluish red color.
|Blood is involved in the circulatory system in the human body.
White blood cells create the immune system and prevent infection.
Smith has low blood pressure.
Blood regulates body temperature.
Blood comprises platelets and plasma.
|What is the hemoglobin level in males and females?
Beetroot juice and Pumpkin juice increase the levels of hemoglobin.
Hemoglobinuria is the presence of hemoglobin in the urine.
Henry fainted yesterday due to a low level of hemoglobin in his body.
Hemoglobinopathy is a group of genetic disorders.
Resources & References
Resources: Cambridge Dictionary (Blood, Hemoglobin), Merriam-Webster (Blood, Hemoglobin), Dictionary.com (Blood, Hemoglobin)
Reference: Dictionary.Cambridge.org, Merriam-Webster. com, Dictionary. com.